PICO DE REGALADOS – VILA VERDE BRAGA - Portugal
The “Casa das Hortenses”, little property in Minho, a portuguese northern region, is located in the parish of S. Paio de Pico de Regalados, municipality of Vila Verde, a privileged place by Nature. It’s very near from Rivers Homem and Cavado, just a few kilometeres away from their beautiful river-sides, fishing grounds, water mills and fluvial beaches. And only 16 kms away from Braga. You also have the Airport of Porto, 60 Kms (45 km on higway) away where you can arrive to and rent a car.
The Municipality of Vila Verde is the most picturesque from all over Minho. The people knows how to welcome as nobody else, preserving traditions that in old times were part of their daily life. They live and share popular festivals, markets and pilgrimages with intensity, but landscape is also an important touristic attraction, side by side with the very rich and refined gastronomy.
The “Sweethearts Scarfs” handmade embroidered, are typical from Vila Verde. They reproduce old love sentences of deep passions. Not so long ago, one of these kind of scarves were the first proof of love from the girl to her beloved.
Traditions for you to live.
Places fo interest near “ Casa das Hortenses”:
- Vila Verde - 2 Km
- Termas de Caldelas (Baths) – 8 Km
- Braga - 16 Km
- Sanctuary of Sameiro / Bom Jesus - 19 Km (beautiful views over Braga and landscape
- Fluvial Beaches - 3 km
- Caldelas Baths – 8 Km
- Sanctuary of Our Lady from Alivio - 4.5 Km
- Karting Vasco Sameiro - 9 Km
- Green Golf of Ponte de Lima - 17 Km
- Ponte de Lima - 19 Km (a very beautiful and typical village)
- Caniçada Barrage - 25 Km (National Park of Peneda Gerês), to where you can take your boat or rent it, water ski practising, canoe or even 4x4 Off Road, see wild horses and other wild animal almost extinguished, without forgetting the marvellous and energetic walks.
- Barcelos – 35 / 40 Km (with its typical and very known every Thursday Market)
- Ponte da Barca, Arcos de Valdevez, Guimarães (30 kms away - the cradle of Portugal with old castle and Palace, historical village with beautiful old quarters) , Viana do Castelo where you find the Gil Eannes, a boat hospital museum that in the 50, 60 and 70's accompanied the boats that went fishing for cod at Terranova, Moledo and Caminha, Vila Nova de Cerveira, Monção, Valença, Póvoa de Varzim, beautiful beach Ofir and Spain, Galicia so close, as Santiago de Compostela and Rias Baixas 170 kms away.
Visit Oporto, make 1 or 2 days cruise on the river Douro and visit de cellars and the vinyards. Find the Library Lello wich inspired Harry Potter's writer. And much more to see...
To visit Museums, Churches and Markets with real Handicrafts, lots of alternatives.
Or as I said before why do’nt you take profit of the short distance and go to Galicia in Spain: La Guardia, Vigo, Pontevedra, Sanxenxo, La Toja and Santiago de Compostela? To eat the good fish and shellfish from Galicia.
On this nice Casa das Hortenses, the pleasure of resting and reading, may be associated with the variety of cultural and open air activities. Besides its previleged localization, near from Highway Lisboa – Valença, only 17 Km, you will find a cosy atmosphere. Take advantage of the peaceful energy of Nature. Lots of cultural and amusing activities are at your orders, only for you to know the potential of Minho and Lindoso Mountain and National Park of Peneda- Gerês. So many reasons , to find Casa das Hortenses an original and innovative place, with all the facilieties your rest demands. The only difficulty is… To go back home.
If you want to find exquisit gastronomy and good wines, you must go to the north of Portugal.
Enjoy our suggestions, go for a walk and have a very pleasant stay at Casa das Hortenses, no matter the season.