A SAFE AND CALM LOCATION, METERS FROM THE BEACH, WITH AN INCREDIBLE VIEW OF THE OPEN OCEAN, TO SPEND TIME DURING THE COVID-19 CRISIS WITH HIGH SPEED INTERNET TO CONTINUE WORKING AND/OR SPEND TIME IN ISOLATION FROM VULNERABLE RELATIVES
The best apartment in best condominium in Arembepe! (seriously) Huge sea views from 2 bed apt (aircon) just meters from private access of condominium to stunning Pirui Beach, with quiet rock pools for swimming and endless sand beach, 45 mins to Salvador (25 mins to airport). Immaculate condominium, expansive double swimming pool, 2 barbecue areas, small gym, offstreet car spot. Hosts = Australian-Bahian family, 7 airbnb listings, >650 airbnb recommendations, 6 yrs. We send 10p guide post booking
AFTER YOU BOOK, we will email you a full guidebook with info and maps, note comments about safety for children in condominium
YOUR SPACE is a fully-equipped and simple but stylishly furnished beach apartment with 2 bedrooms, both with air conditioning, 1 en suite bathroom, 1 other full bathroom, a large living room and open kitchen, with a balcony with huge sea views just a few meters from private access of condominium to the stunning Pirui Beach. Hi-speed wifi in apartment. There is a service area / laundry with washing tub and drying rack.
THE CONDOMINIUM in which the apartment is located is called Aldeia Saint Sebastian (just a few hundred meters down Piruí beach from the main town square with the church etc). It has 24 hour security with 2 guards and some condominium wifi in a couple of spots (check with guards for password).
ON THE BEACH TURNING LEFT after you walk out of the condominium's private access, take a quick stroll to the main Arembepe village square (with church) to pick up breakfast supplies for a lazy brunch or have breakfast at one of the places that offer it near the square. There are a couple of açaí places (the delicious Amazon fruit served in a bowl). Otherwise, pick up supplies at the supermarket or bread shop on the village square to cook up a lazy brunch in the fully equipped kitchen at the apartment. Later on you should go back and buy the classic Bahian snack food acarajé, freshly cooked by the traditionally dressed Bahiana on the square, and you will LOVE the seafood restaurants for lunch or dinner (Coló and Mar Aberto and are gems, cascading down onto the beach), or the more informal 'barzinhos' – typical corner bars where the locals relax for a beer at the end of a hard day on the high seas. Arembepe beach, right off the main square, has a large tidal pool that creates a waterfall effect near high tide as water crashes over the rocks into the pool - great for swimming. The local restaurants and beach bars are great for watching typical Brazilian beach culture, teaming with people selling, singing, dancing and shouting.
4 DOORS DOWN from the apartment condominium to the left is a great, relaxed restaurant option with outstanding food – Pousada da Fazenda. Walk along the beach and stop by for a great lunch or dinner in rustic beach fazenda/farm-house setting. The beach entry is hard to spot, best entering from roadside the first time.
ON THE BEACH TURNING RIGHT you have fully 50kms of palm fringed beaches stretching to Salvador. Stop by the rustic bars on the beach to refresh yourself with a cold “cerveja” (beer), “agua de coco” (coconut water in the shell) or caipirinha. Rock pools just near the condominium offer the opportunity for a quiet swim or a snorkel to see fish. The best beach break for surfing is about 10 minutes walk along the beach to the right with some of the best to be had anywhere on the coast around Salvador.
PROJETO TAMAR, with a research and visitation centre in Arembepe (open every day expect Mon), is one of the world's most successful marine conservation initiatives, succeeding in partnering with coastal communities to increase by 10x the number of nests of the 5 sea turtle species of Brazil. The Projeto Tamar Arembepe visitation centre, 15 min walk from the Arembepe main square, is open 6 days a week (closed Mon), with turtle feeding at 16:00 daily. During months of December to January, most days at approx. 16:00, the public can witness an unforgettable experience - baby turtles being released onto the beach in front of the visitation centre! Watch them stumble down the beach into the water! All along the beaches of Arembepe you can see the white markers indicating turtle egg laying sites along the beach, placed by Project Tamar. You will even see turtles surfacing from time to time year-round if you swim out 20 meters or so off the beach.
• THE COMMON AREAS OF THE CONDOMINIUM ARE NOT SAFE FOR CHILDREN TO PLAY WITHOUT CONSTANT ADULT SUPERVISION – THERE IS NO POOL FENCE, THERE IS NO LOCK ON THE GATE LEADING OUT ONTO THE BEACH AND THERE IS NO FENCE AROUND THE CAR PARK.
• Q: Where do I put rubbish? PLEASE TAKE OUT RUBBISH DAILY TO AVOID ANY INSECTS IN THE APARTMENT (WE FUMIGATE OFTEN BUT IF RUBBISH IS LEFT IN APARTMENTS THE INSECTS RETURN QUICKLY) The communal rubbish is located next to entry gate (with recycled rubbish separation)
• Self check in available 24h by picking keys from 24h security staff at gate
• The apartment has some child security measures but is not very suitable for young children (less than 5 years old). The kitchen is not isolated from the living room.
• The condominium prohibits the drying of clothes and towels in common areas so we have provided a drying rack for you to leave in the storage room upstairs
• NO SMOKING inside the apartment or in the common areas
• Although I love pets, the apartment is NOT suitable for animals
• As in the whole of Brazil, NO solid waste can be flushed down the toilet (including toilet paper), pls use the rubbish bin provided. It is a horror story if the toilet blocks and we charge US$50 to unblock it
• Please do not take the towels provided to the beach or use them as bath mats (and be careful with makeup stains on the towels if possible) - we have had to throw out new towels a number of times. We haven´t charged guests for this until now so we appreciate your understanding
• Desfrute Arembepe (enjoy Arembepe)!
[Once we have your email, we can send you a 10 page detailed guidebook that we put together about the neighborhood and Salvador with all our top recommendations for how to enjoy the city]
Arembepe is a great option for those who want to experience an authentic fishing village on the Bahian coast with the convenience of being easily accessible by taxi/Uber from the center of Salvador (45 minutes) or Salvador’s international airport (25 minutes); leave more time for peak traffic hours. International stars such as Mick Jagger and Janis Joplin discovered the magic of the place in the 1970s and it even became a center for hippies (there is still a small hippie community there today).
An attraction is the village square with some first rate (exceptional food, great décor and service), but low-key, seafood restaurants – Mar Aberto is the classiest, Coló the classic, both a must for lunch or dinner – as well as lots of little bars and informal restaurants. Being a fishing village it is about fresh seafood. The Restaurante da Fazenda, just 4 doors down the beach towards the town, is perfect for feeling like you are away from civilization but with excellente food (and caipirinhas).
Arembepe has all the shops you needs, with 3 large supermarkets and many small shops, bakeries and craft stores. There is also a modern gym as well diverse product and service stores and outlets. The Bradesco bank on the square has an ATM/cash machine which works with most international bank cards.
卡馬薩里(Camaçari), 巴伊亞(Bahia), 巴西