The Redwood River Cottage is tucked in the heart of the redwood forest with private access to the scenic Van Duzen River, nature, aromatherapy, swimming, kayaking, peace and quiet, hiking amongst epic redwoods, campfire pits, and basketball court! The picturesque and peaceful cottage was built as part of a healing nature retreat. The 3-acre property is a perfect vacation getaway for family, friends, couples, or personal solitude.
Self check-in is easy. You can check-in at any time, even in the middle of the night with no host needed; just walk right into the cottage, the keys will be waiting for you in a dish.
The Redwood River Cottage is a one of a kind haven in the redwoods by the river. With jaw dropping scenery, this serene cottage and property is on the fringes of the wilderness, yet still has internet access, DirecTV, and aromatherapy.
The small cottage lies next to giant sacred Sequoia Redwoods, has a river view, private river access (less than 500 feet from the Van Duzen River), epic Summer swimming, 2 amazing totem poles, epic private outdoor shower, and is near Grizzly Creek Redwoods State Park and Van Duzen County Park! The cottage is in the middle of a large 3-acre property, and you can see and hear the majestic Van Duzen River right from the cottage. There is another Airbnb next door (The Redwood River Lodge) on the other side of a tall fence that may have other Airbnb guests staying, however the Redwood River Cottage still has a private backyard with Cornhole game and epic view of the Van Duzen River.
Prior to your visit, the cottage will be cleaned spotless, disinfected, and re-stocked with supplies.
The 1 room, cozy cottage includes a 13' x 13' room and a 4.5' x 4' bathroom in seperate room. This peaceful cottage has window views of a mystical colorful totem pole, redwood trees, forest foliage, a lawn, and the Van Duzen River! The cottage has a redwood theme and is rustically modern, with pine and redwood accents and contempory features such as an electric heater with digital fireplace, remote control color changing mood lighting, unlimited DirecTV, and an essential oil diffuser.
The cottage has 1 queen sized bed and 1 double sized fold-out futon bed. The queen sized 12-inch mattress has gel memory foam and 680 individually wrapped coils for comfort and support. The double sized 6-inch memory foam futon fold-out bed comfortably sleeps 1 adult, 2 children, or a snuggly couple.
There is also a small fully adjustable table and 2 cushioned comfy chairs that can be used as a laptop work station, dining table, food prep table, or game table.
The epic outdoor private shower provides views of towering redwoods and the sky.
AMENITIES AT THE COTTAGE
Amenities are many and include:
• We wash your dishes so you can relax! Just place dirty dishes in the dish tubs and they will be washed after your stay at the cottage
• Bottled water
• Electric digital fireplace heater
• Dishes and silverware
• K-cup coffee maker
• Plenty of K-cup coffee & tea pods
• Soy milk
• Apples to Apples game in cottage
• Fun Cornhole game in backyard
• Quiet oscillating fan
• Weber standing BBQ (charcoal not included)
• Tongs with bottle opener
• Meat fork
• Salt and pepper
• Canola/olive oil
• Creole spice
• Small fridge/freezer
• 50-inch television
• Unlimited DirecTV
• Relaxing electric flame fireplace heater
• Up to 10 gigabytes of free wifi usage per day
• Half-basketball court
• Campfires (please bring your own firewood)
• Diffuser with essential oils
• Epic private outdoor shower with amazing views of nature.
There is no full kitchen in the cottage, so cooking with the BBQ takes place outside near the picnic table, or inside the cottage with the microwave.
Enjoy relaxing on a redwood deck next to a hand-carved totem pole while watching and listening to the Van Duzen River's healing flow!
The star gazing at the Redwood River Cottage makes you feel like you are in outer space because you are so far from any city lights and truly at the edge of wilderness.
ACTIVIES AT THE COTTAGE
Activities at the Redwood River Cottage include:
• Cottage stay
•Secluded sunny swimming holes in late Spring thru early Fall (remember to bring river shoes)
•Nature walks along the river banks
•Grilling outdoors in nature
•Sun bathing on the secluded river banks or on the property
• Campfires while listening to the river flow
• Challenge a friend to a game of cornhole in the backyard or a game of Apples to Apples in the cottage
• Kayaking in late Spring thru Summer
• Shooting hoops on 1/2 bball court
• Walking 1/2 mile upstream from the cottage to Pamplin Grove State Park during low flows (the Grove is closed to day-use when it is reserved)
• Driving 7 miles east of the cottage on highway 36 to Grizzly Creek State Park
• Driving 2 miles east of the cottage on highway 36 to Swimmers Delight
• Driving 2.5 miles east of the cottage on highway 36 to Cheatham Grove (location of the redwood Grove where the Star Wars Return of the Jedi "Speeder Bike Chase" was filmed).
You can text Bryan right here on the Airbnb app. There is fast wifi internet and no standard cell reception at the cottage. If your phone does not support Wifi Calling, you may need to use the app named "What's App" to call and text from the cottage.
AROMATHERAPY ESSENTIAL OILS
• The cottage provides an aromatherapy diffuser with complimentary essential oil blends for each nights stay. After booking the cottage, we will send you a list of essential oils to choose from.
Ask to receive a multi-night discount:
5% off nightly rate for 2 night stay
10% off nightly rate for 3 night stay
15% off nightly rate for 4 night stay
20% off nightly rate for 5 night stay
25% off nightly rate for 6 night stay
30% off nightly rate for > 6 night stay
The neighborhood is very rural and quiet, with abundant wildlife including salmon, steelhead, trout, deer, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits, eagles, squirrels, robins, bats, bees, hummingbirds, river otters and local roosters. Sometimes you can hear a neighbor dog barking in the distance. Often the only sound that can be heard is the peaceful flowing river.
Carlotta, 加州, 美國