CURLEW LODGE takes a prominent position on Riverdale Lodges, the exclusive country park at the most beautiful spot of the Yorkshire Dales. Just 4 luxury lodges on more than 3 acres right at the riverbank! If you like a 360' view, then CURLEW is your choice. From your elevated position, you can oversee it all: the river, the park, the fields to both sides stretching into the hills further away, nothing to obstruct your view. The huge decking all around catches the sun all day long.
Curlew Lodge is only one of your four options, and this listing will give you a basic summary, but there is a lot more information online. And the other lodges are easy to find online if you just enter our name for a search. Take a look at Riverdale Lodges, with 4 spacious high spec lodges with our 5* luxury self-catering-PLUS package.
<<< REQUEST YOUR PRICE FOR a WEEK, MIDWEEK or WEEKEND, that we can't publish here. You will find special offers and prices that will surprise you, after seeing this listing. With the added security of safe online processing and full customer protection exceeding Airbnb-standards >>>
All 4 lodges are built to the highest specifications with top quality appliances and superior materials throughout that leave nothing to be wished for. It really is a notch up from the usual holiday lodge and can not even be compared to the ordinary lodges at larger scale parks.
CURLEW LODGE is set slightly further back from the waterline than Oystercatcher and Kingfisher, but thanks to the elevated position you still enjoy a good look over the lawn towards the river. You are right in the middle, but the other lodges are too far away to block your view or interfere with your privacy.
Curlew Lodge offers 3 bedrooms, sleeping 6 persons in total (plus one extra cot allowed for children up to 2 y/o). There is one twin bedrooms with 2 single beds, and one double room (standard double bed) sharing the family bathroom (large bathtub with luxury overhead shower). The master bedroom has a double bed and its own ensuite, also with a luxury double 'rainfall' showerhead.
The interior of Curlew is spacious and light, with a prominent place for the real log burner, where you will find a small stack of logs ready to burn. Next to the log burner there is the ideal 'out of your way' space for a few dog beds, or a really large one, making Curlew a favourite among the owners of large dogs or more dogs. Sumptuous throws, scatter cushions, candles, plenty of books and games will all make this lodge feel like a real home away from home.
The kitchen is fully equipped to a high standard with full size fully functional appliances (not the average holiday-versions! See the list below).
In the living, there is a large wide-screen smart TV and DVD player (you can receive your Netflix and the likes with our fast and free WiFi) and you'll find a smart TV in every bedroom.
Of course, the lodge is well isolated with individually adjustable heaters in every room and windows that can be fully opened should you wish.
But the greatest asset of Curlew is no doubt the double size outdoor deck (we have seen guest playing badminton on their own terrace!), with its elevated position, and the french doors opening up the full front of the lodge to the large outside decking.
Here you will find luxury garden furniture, with ultra-quick drying reclining chairs and two huge 6-seater tables and umbrellas, and even two 'zero-gravity' recliners. A large fold-out bbq is also provided, with the handy insert of a throw-away bbq coal tray, saving you next day's hard work of scrubbing the bbq! Our guests are saying "you thought of everything"! Well, that's our mission!
Facilities at Curlew Lodge (look up 'Riverdale Lodges' to see the other 3 lodges)
IN THE BEDROOMS/BATHROOMS:
- luxury bed linen, 10.5 tog ultrabounce duvets, and cosy throws
- pillow menu (extra firm, medium and soft pillow provided for each bed)
- a generous supply of towels and bathroom toiletries
- illuminated makeup/shaving mirror
- hairdryer with multiple settings, diffuser etc.
- large ironing board, sleeve board and steam iron
IN THE KITCHEN:
- large fridge (full size side-by-side)
- large freezer (full size side-by-side)
- full-size dishwasher
- 6 kg washing machine
- 4 plate digital ceramic hob
- oven (classic oven + double grill + fan-assisted oven)
- small microwave oven
- kettle & toaster
- electric hand mixer
- French cafetiere
- medium size (3.5 ltr) slow cooker
- Nespresso espresso machine (on request, capsules available at reception)
FOR YOUNG CHILDREN:
- High chair and/or travel cot provided free of charge (please book this in advance)
- Practical gate to safely close your verandah
- Dogs are welcome free of charge (contact us if you want to bring more than 2 large or 3 small dogs)
- Everything for your dog is provided: dog-bed or basket (choose your size), bowls, towels, brushes, crate on request, dog-gate, and fitted luxury sofa-covers if your dogs like to be on the sofa.
- Free use of the hot-shower dog-wash and dog-drying facility, with towels, shampoo etc.
ON YOUR TERRACE:
- 2 sets of a large 6-seater dining table with umbrella
- 6 quick-dry reclining chairs
- 2 zero-gravity recliners
- Small coffee table
- Large fold-out bbq with 1 throw-away charcoal insert supplied (more inserts available at reception)
- Practical gate to keep dogs and children from wandering off
- Private parking space for 2-3 cars right at your doorstep
ALL INCLUDED IN OUR PRICE:
- A welcome hamper with a first bite and refreshment when you arrive: tea, coffee, bread, butter, eggs, milk, orange juice, crisps, cola, a bowl of fruit and more.
- During your stay everything is provided for your daily cleaning needs: washing pods, dishwasher tablets, broom/mop, sponges/brushes, cloths, washing up liquid & other cleaning materials, and a DYSON hoover.
- But: no need to clean the lodge before you leave. Just tidy up a bit, make sure you leave fridge and freezer empty, and let us do the cleaning.
- All-inclusive prices: no reservation costs, no charges for cleaning, dogs, WiFi, parking, bed linen, cot or high chair, or any other 'extra's' that will be charged.
Riverdale Lodges is a new country park of just 4 luxury lodges in a secluded setting right at the banks of the River Ure, opposite of the little village of West Tanfield and ideally situated between the Yorkshire Dales and the North York Moors. Lots of attractions on your doorstep, also for the little ones, and historic market towns just 10-15 minutes away. Harrogate and York are certainly worth a visit if you stay a bit longer!
West Tanfield, 英國