Bright modern apartment attached to owners property in scenic rural setting 3km (1.8 miles) from Westport town.
- Views of rolling hills & mountain. Ideal touring base, or leisure cycling paradise. * Affordable accomodation, with all the facilities you could imagine & more !
- 600m from our famous 42km (Great Western Greenway) cycle track to
- FREE use of uo to 4 bikes & double child trailer buggy !
- FREE PARKING (up to 3 cars)
- Only 600 metres from greenway track...with USE OF 3 BIKES & DOUBLE CHILD TRAILER BUGGY (TO CARRY ONE OR TWO SMALL CHILDREN BEHIND ADULT BIKE) INCLUDED !
- South facing garden with views of clew bay & Croagh Patrick.
- 8 channel Irish terrestrial TV.
(in English language)
- FREE WIFI & flight boarding cards can be printed on request.
- Fully equiped kitchen.
(no dishwasher, but constant hot water available)
- Washer Dryer
- Use of washing line (covered)
What is there not to love about Westport ?
Voted BEST PLACE TO LIVE IN IRELAND (Irish Times 2012)
It's not just that the town itself is so easy on the eyes & everything You could possibly want, is packed in to a small town centre, in easy reach as You stroll around.
Highlights of Westport town include ....the amazing view of Clew bay & then Croagh Patrick Mountain overlooking the town as You approach downhill from the N5 Dublin/Sligo road.
.....the unique craft shops, the amazing restaurants, Cafes, pubs & traditional musicians ( including our own resident, flute player for the Chieftans, Matt Malloy ( his lgendary pub is a must see !) * Traditional music sessions can be enjoyed in many Pubs, but most regularly in Matt Malloys, Bridge Street / McGings, High street (behind Clock Tower at top of Bridge street) / Hobans, Octogon (end of Shop st. on left) ** Often unsheduled - midweek night time & sometimes late afternoon/evening at weekends (best to enquire in these pubs)
.....take a 5 minute drive (or a 20 minute stroll down the 2.5km town greenway walk) to the quays, which is a great place to wander, relax & loose track of time, but, for those who can't (relax !) or when it rains, it also has its own collection of shops, Pubs & restaurants.
.....then (when the sun comes out again!) take a stroll around the adjacent Westport House & Gardens & maybe try one of the many fun outdoor activities there, for young & old alike.
.....Not forgetting...the star attraction...The start point of the Great Western Greenway (42km of dedicated off road cycle path) *It is an irresistible challenge...just like the call of the holy mountain, Croagh Patrick, only 10 km from Westport town.
Ireland West Airport is 1hr away, Shannon Airport 2and half hrs, Dublin Airport 4hrs away. Westport has lots of outdoor activities to offer, eg. Gael Force, Sea2Summit . You can also avail of boat trips from the quay area. Other activities include hiking, fishing, horse riding,spas, surfing. There are also many stunning beaches to enjoy.
If you are fortunate enough to get a forecast of clear weather for a full day......then a trip to Achill island is highly recommended. The road bridge on to the island is only 40 mins from here. The coastal routes are very scenic.....but some of the dramatic views around Keel beach, Keem bay, Dugort strand, are just breathtaking. It is without doubt a very unique place.
NEAREST SHOP (Ashlawn) Maxol / Mace petrol station & shop - 2.5 km. On left at bottom of steep hill approaching the town from here on Newport road.
Loads of parking spaces behind the building.
They also have a really good deli and a lovely sit-down area
NEAREST SUPERMARKET ( Lidl ) just past Maxol on left 50 metres (church on right) turn right - 200 metres to Lidl on right.
NEAREST BIKE HIRE ( Westport Bike Shop ) turn left bottom of hill approaching Westport from here (before Maxol)
Nearest. . . 20 minutes Bertra ( heading West past Croagh Patrick mountain 2km )
* SIX OF THE BEST BEACHES ! ( Our pick of the best. . . .will You agree ??? )
1 - Keem Bay, Achill . . . unique & dramatic setting . . . 1 hours drive
2 - Keel beach, Achill . . . .large family favourite, good surf & great facilities, including watersports on a lake 500m away.
3 - Old head beach, 3km before Louisburg. . . . sheltered beach & pier surrounded by woods overlooking croagh patrick mountain, which is a picture perfect haven !
4 - Dugort strand, Achill. . . .at the base of the dramatic Slievemore mountain ! . . . .
. . . a very unique quiet beach, but has a shop, etc. beside. (Only 5 minutes drive from Keel beach)
5 - Mulranny Bay ( 25 minutes drive. . . on route to Achill ) . . The beach itself is adequate, but not the highlight. That accolade goes to the pretty village & hotel, which overlooks it. . . . from where the wide panoramic view of beach & southern shores of Clew bay is stunning ! Nice to stroll along the greenway path above the village and pathway down to the beach.
6 - Silver strand . . . A small sheltered beach in a quiet setting. . . 1 hours drive # Ideal start point for serious hikers wishing to climb Mweelrea mountain ( 814m ) which overlooks Doolough, Killary harbour & Connemara. . . . & bath there tired legs in the ocean & chill out afterwards.
.....EATING OUT GUIDE......
BREAKFAST (& lunch) :- Maxol (nearest shop)
Easy to find & park. Great deli hot food & large sit down area.
LUNCH :- several good cafe's along Bridge Street or turn right on to Shop Street.
Or if weather is good, try dining outdoors at the Towers or the coast hotel at the Quay 2 km from town
FOR PIZZA LOVERS :-
Woodfire pizza.... on High Street behind the clock on the right
FAMILIES & GROUPS :-
- Merlot restaurant and bar dining lounge in The Plaza Hotel, Castlebar Street.
- Torrino's, Bridge Street...on left
- Wyatt Hotel, The Octogon (end of Shop St. left side, past Super value supermarket...across road.
- Atlantic Coast, The Quay (on left).
- The Towers, The Quay ( past Atlantic Coast Hotel on right.
- Maddens (at Clew Bay Hotel, James Street...on left.
SMALLER QUIET & COSY DINNERS (* for 2 perhaps!)
- Port Mor, brewery lane.....to left on Bridge Street.
- Cian's, Bridge Street (on left at top end)
- Sage, High Street (behind clock tower on right)
- Pantry & Corkscrew, Octogon (just past Wyatt Hotel)
西港(Westport), Mayo, 愛爾蘭