This is a recently renovated 1970s three story house that we have converted into three condos that can be separate or combined together.
Here we are looking at Redwood 1, the entrance to which is ADA accessible via the long front porch facing the meadow and Kite House. The main living area is open plan flowing into the full kitchen.
High speed WiFI and TV. No cell but Cell to Internet calling and receiving.
No pets please.
Shared charcoal grill and fire circle.
Sleeping 6, the two bedrooms and Accessible shower are off the main living area. Bedroom 1 has 2 queens and Bedroom 2, 1 queen.
On 1100 acre resort with 18 miles of horse and human trails and three meal restaurant.
With 25 Experiences from hiking, riding, fishing and 23 others - see below in Guest Access.
Set by a meadow verging the Rose River, 200 yards away is the Kite House ( a potential pairing should you want) and 400 yards away is the family's log lodge for farm guests. Redwood is actually three condos that can be separate or combined. Furnishing is contemporary.
25 Experiences and Activities
1. Fly fishing or spinning on two stocked mountain streams
2. Fishing with flies, spinners, or love bat at the stocked trout pond, pay by the LB at Syria Mercantile
3. Fishing with flies or spinners in bass and catfish pond
4. Fly fishing - in Rapidan Wilderness - for wild mountain trout
5. Fly Fishing Clinics and guiding by Jay Murray, renowned local guide
6. Hiking our 10 miles of trails her on our own mountains and into Shenandoah
7. Hiking Shenandoah - 7 miles away to back lower parking lot for Old rag and White Oak Canyon Trails
8. Naturalist and History Hikes with Shenandoah Mountain Guides
9. Horse-back riding at our Circle B Stables with Eddie and Leah
10. Own horse trail ridesBring your own horses, camp, or park here with us for the day, unload and trail ride the 100 miles of mountain trails.
11. In-room Massage - pre-book lease
12. Rock Climbing - access from lower mountain.
1. Lessons and trips by Shenandoah Mountain Guides and Andy Nichols, their leader
13. Cascading - with Shenandoah Mountain Guides or on your own, of course
14. Road Biking - back mountain roads, able to hear traffic coming, but no shoulders. Take off on your own or Barry can guide. Book well in advance, please. Barry runs the Tour de Madison and lays out all routes.
15. Mountain Biking - take off on our steep mountain trails for adventure and lots of muscle and technical skill or just take off up the Old Blue Ridge Turnpike - double track up to the top of the ridge.
2. Volleyball - on sand
3. Horseshoes - 4 pitches
4. Basketball, but only when we have set up the special courts in the "Coliseum" - a big tractor barn
17. Indoor rainy weather or curl up at night
1. Board games in the main lodge, Poplar Library, and cabins
2. Ping pong in the Main Lodge
3. Books - the 2000 title library is in the second floor of Poplar
18. Bird watching
19. Farmyard Tour
20. Vineyard Tour
21. Craft Beer Crawl
23. Historic House tour
24. Barn Quilts Tour
25. Car Tours of sightsByways and Skyline Drive
So, what to do outside?
That is what we all about - the outdoors. We have:
- two stocked trout streams
- a bass pond
- a stocked pond
- horseback riding
- hiking along our ten miles of home farm trails and a hundred miles in Shenandoah Park, 7 miles drive away
- rock climbing on the ridge
- naturalist hikes
- fly fishing clinics
- road biking on a 100 mile back roads tour
- mountain biking on abandoned forest roads
- wine tour to four wineries within 30 mins and one just 10 mins
- five brew pubs with 35 mins
- bon fires nightly with s'mores - down at the main lodge and dining room
- sing-alongs on Fri and Sat nights , again down at the lodge
Syria, 弗吉尼亞州, 美國