Just 20 minutes south of San Juan del Sur, Casa Domos is the only oceanfront superadobe dome villa in Nicaragua. This brand new custom home combines the minimalistic elements of its earthbag construction with the luxuries you crave while traveling.
Secluded in nature, you will relish in the panoramic views of the ocean, the magical sunsets, and the sounds of howler monkeys out your window. This one of a kind retreat is a place to unwind, swim, surf, ignite your creative spirit, and reconnect.
Perfect for two couples or four friends, your private oceanfront dome villa includes:
- Two completely separate & spacious 3-dome suites, each with its own secure private entrance, bedroom, bathroom, and magical ocean views.
- Sleeping Domes have impressively high 19ft. ceilings, 6 ft oceanview windows, luxuriously comfortable king-sized beds, air conditioning and ceiling fans.
- Bathing Domes have enormous hot/cold rainfall showers with hand-laid volcanic rock.
- Large, independent kitchen sits in the middle of the dome suites and features modern stainless steel appliances and the cooking essentials necessary to prepare a delicious poolside meal.
- Reverse osmosis water filtration system in refrigerator
- Indoor sitting area & ocean view bar
- Private pool overlooking Playa Yankee's surf break
- Outdoor lounge area & outdoor dining table
- Super fast WIFI
- Washing machine
- Guarded entrance to community
Other things to note:
- Life in Nicaragua means that sometimes the power goes out unexpectedly, especially during windy or rainy weather. Luckily, the outages are typically for short periods of time, but this is something we unfortunately do not have control over.
- Our jungle retreat is just that - in the middle of the jungle! You will encounter beautiful wildlife, such as howler monkeys & colorful tropical birds, but also insects, spiders, scorpions, etc. Nothing is too bothersome when left alone, so just enjoy the experience of being surrounded by nature.
Casa Domos is nestled on a hill overlooking Playa Yankee, which is a fairly remote location. There are no stores within walking distance, but there are a few "pulperias" to stock up on beer & snacks a short drive away. There is also a wonderful restaurant called Rancho Tere in the nearby village, Escamequita, where you can eat fresh seafood and traditional Nicaraguan cuisine. Otherwise, you can stock up on groceries in San Juan del Sur, at Pali, Miscellaneous Sanchez, and all of the amazing fresh fruit & veggie markets sprinkled around town. If you wish, we can also arrange for a private chef/meal delivery/grocery delivery at an additional cost.
Beyond Casa Domos, Playa Yankee is one of Nicaragua's best "well kept secret" beaches. It's expansive and pristine beauty feels all the more special when you have the whole beach to yourself, which is often the case on this secluded paradise. There is a small surf shack on the beach that offers limited snacks & drinks, but you can also pack a cooler with your favorite treats. Let us know if you'd like to rent surf boards, and we can happily arrange it for you.
Just a little further south from Playa Yankee is Playa La Flor, a protected nature reserve where up to 30,000 sea turtles travel to shore and lay their eggs each year. If you visit at the right time, you will be lucky enough to witness this miraculous act of nature, or even help release the baby turtles once they are ready to enter the sea.
Playa El Yankee, Rivas, 尼加拉瓜