Španělská synagoga je nejmladší synagogou pražského Židovského Města. Byla postavena roku 1868 jako chrám Spolku reformovaného kultu na místě Staré školy – nejstarší modlitebny ghetta z 12. století. Jméno získala díky vnitřní výzdobě v maurském stylu, inspirované slavnou španělskou Alhambrou.
The Spanish Synagogue (Hebrew: בית הכנסת הספרדי, Czech: Španělská synagoga, German: Spanische Synagoge) is the newest synagogue in the area of the so-called Jewish Town, yet paradoxically, it was built at the place of the presumably oldest synagogue, Old School (also known as Altshul). The…
The Spanish Synagogue is a building from 1868, designed by Ignacio Ullmann and Josef Niklas, in Moorish style. The interior decoration was carried out between 1882 and 1893 according to Anton Baum and Bedrich Münzberger's designs. The synagogue was built on the site of the oldest synagogue in Prague…
Colourful stained glass, stylised Oriental motifs and the glow of gold – the most beautiful synagogue in the Prague Jewish Town.
Colourful stained glass, stylised Oriental motifs and the glow of gold – the most beautiful synagogue in the Prague Jewish Town This, newest of the six historic Prague synagogues was built in the Spanish Moorish style in the second half of the 19th century
“One of the largest Jewish cemetery in Europe and one of the most important Jewish historical monuments in Prague. In fact, this is a view from the living room.”
“ Jewish Town Hall – a place where the wall clock goes counterclockwise. This old Jewish Town Hall ranks among the few monuments of Prague-Josefov which have survived the extensive demolitions related to the sanation programs of the Prague´s Jewish ghetto leading to improvement of standard of living and hygienic conditions of the community.”
“Nearest and the best bike rental. Have a fun and be careful on bike in the city! [www.okolo-bikes.cz]”
“Visit the second oldest synagogue in Prague, today a memorial to almost 80,000 Bohemian and Moravian victims of the Shoah. The Pinkas Synagogue originally served as a private prayer hall for the prosperous and influential Horovitz family. Aron Meshulam Horovitz, an important member of the Prague Jewish Community, had it built in 1535”